BLOG Saturday, July 22, 2017

Upgraded to 1.7

tracks.tra.in has been upgraded to the latest Tracks 1.7 branch, which brings with it the following new features (from the official release notes):

• Tracks now supports recurring/repeating todos
  • Cleanup of feed page and add feed for starred actions
  • New buttons to quickly defer an action 1 or 7 days
  • Calendar view to review upcoming due actions, includes iCal feed to use in your calendar app (tested with Google Calendar, Evolution, Outlook 2007)
  • You can now sort projects on number of active todos
  • Support for OpenSearch. This means you can add a Tracks as a search provider in your webbrowser (tested on FF3 and IE7)
  • Now allow users again to stay logged in on two devices at the same time

Sorry to everyone for how long it took for this upgrade — lately I have been very busy proposing my thesis. Upgrading the DB for Tracks 1.7 had been giving me some trouble when I’d tried it in the past, but this time I posted a planned outage warning, took the site down for a few hours, and upgraded cleanly without having to worry about out-of-sync data.

I’ll write more about more new features the upgrade provides soon! Please let me know if you have encounter any problems with the upgrade.

Comments 21

1. Johnny-johnny wrote:

Nice work and thanks.

I did notice the add todo form on the right hand side now doesn’t automatically cling to the far right - there’s a bit of spacing now (at 1200 pixels wide at least). I guess that styling was just inherited from the new release?

Posted 06 Jan 2010 at 10:00 am
  2. Chris wrote:

It was, but I just fixed it — now the sidebar clings to the right again. Never liked that piece of CSS in the Tracks dev branch anyway. I’m still making a few more tweaks here and there..

Posted 07 Jan 2010 at 1:36 am
  3. Dean Witcraft wrote:

I’m finding the todo add action to be overlaying the right side of the Item Lists on the Home page. This is true in both IE and Firefox. If I hide the form, the Active Projects list slides up to overlay the lists.
    This problem exists on the Home and Tickler pages but not on the Contexts or Projects pages.

Posted 07 Jan 2010 at 2:12 am
  4. Chris wrote:

Thanks for reporting this! After reading your comment a few hours ago I reverted to the latest Tracks 1.7. Looking at it now in a VM with MSIE 6, both the Tracks 1.7 release and my changes look pretty bad, because MSIE below version 7 doesn’t support the “position: fixed” CSS property. I’ll try and substitute a non-fixed toolbar for MSIE users.

Posted 07 Jan 2010 at 5:29 am
  5. harck wrote:

I’m getting another problem since the upgrade: notes are displayed on a straight line, disregarding any “new line” and making them difficult to read. Maybe it’s a CSS related issue as well…

Posted 08 Jan 2010 at 9:46 am
  6. craig sunney wrote:

Hey…great work!
    I’ve just logged back in to my system after inputting all my GTD lists back in Dec (bad work ethic but I’m working on it) and found you added all sorts of new stuff.

It seems much cleaner and easier to see things in the subscribe area. Also the recurring actions is cool (addition I think).

So just signed up for a donation.

Good luck with Thesis. Reading through it, I see gigantic possible applications if you could integrate it with payments via mobile/cell phones….that would open up possible application to the entire 3rd World for creation of flexible secure trading systems that could help bypass corrupt control of central currencies.

Posted 15 Jan 2010 at 1:13 pm
  7. sh wrote:

I added the iCal feed URLs to my Google calendar but none of the calendar items show up in Google calendar. Is this a known issue?

Posted 15 Mar 2012 at 9:08 pm
  8. Odette Horal wrote:

Very good data can be found on web site.

Posted 23 Mar 2012 at 3:48 pm
  9. get funding for wrote:

We encourage them to improve the relationship, the accused
    gives to make fractional payments instead of large surgical funding for patients who have
    access to their money any longer. So loans for settlement money the third major initiative was early
    childhood, were investing a lot of lawsuit plaintiffs are one missed-payment
    away from foreclosure on their funding amount.

Posted 19 Jun 2014 at 12:13 pm
  10. this post wrote:

It leaves more money for advertising and selling the auto restore shop till it will get a
    very good buyer base.

Posted 08 May 2015 at 8:11 am
  11. a cool way to wrote:

The other vital tip iss to always unplug thhe unit ffrom poer provide
    whereas doing any type of restore or maintenance on air conditioner unit.

Posted 21 May 2015 at 2:18 pm
  12. Going in www. wrote:

Just wish to say your article is as amazing. The clearness in your
    post is simply cool and i can assume you’re an expert on this subject.
    Well with your permission let me to grab your feed to keep
    up to date with forthcoming post. Thanks a million and please keep up the enjoyable work.

Posted 07 Jun 2015 at 5:48 am
  13. have a peek at this wrote:

Whitney is an knowledgeable inn teaching others how to make
    herbal incense merchandise within the comfort of their very own house.

Posted 09 Jul 2015 at 9:22 pm
  14. Mailbanger wrote:

Heya i am for the first ime here. I came across this board and I find
    It really useful & it helped me out a lot. I hope to give something back and hwlp
    otherds like you aided me.

Posted 26 Jan 2016 at 5:25 pm
  15. these details wrote:

From 1864 until the early part of the final century the Institute fought many attempts to have natural medication banned.

Posted 21 Mar 2016 at 1:35 am
  16. view it now wrote:

Thus the particular person loses weight in a healthy method because it turns
    into a truue way of life change.

Posted 01 Jun 2016 at 1:26 pm
  17. https://teethwhiteningcost.joomla.com wrote:

Hello just wanted to give you a brief heads up and let you know a few of
    the pictures aren’t loading correctly. I’m not
    sure why but I think its a linking issue. I’ve tried it in two different browsers and both show the same outcome.

Posted 24 Aug 2016 at 5:04 am
  18. frozen wrote:

I am very glad to see your post.

Posted 02 Sep 2016 at 1:56 pm
  19. indo9apps.com wrote:

I just like the valuable info you provide to your articles.
    I will bookmark your blog and take a look at again right here frequently.
    I’m quite certain I will be told a lot of new stuff proper right
    here! Good luck for the next!

Posted 10 Dec 2016 at 12:08 am
  20. Juegos De Ladybug wrote:

I really like your blog.. very nice colors & theme.

Posted 15 Dec 2016 at 1:29 pm